Mee Noodle – Delicious recipes
Chinese Egg Noodles with Ground Pork and Peanuts
– ½ pound Chinese-style egg noodles
– 2 tablespoons peanut oil
– 2 thick slices bacon, sliced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled, minced
– ½ teaspoon five-spice powder
– ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
– 1 pound ground pork
– 2 green onions, thinly sliced
– 3 tablespoons soy sauce
– 2 teaspoons rice vinegar or wine
– 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
– 1 teaspoon honey
– ½ cup chopped roasted peanuts
– Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add oil and bacon; cook until bacon darkens, about 3 minutes, stirring. Add garlic, ginger, five-spice, and red pepper flakes; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute, stirring.
– Add pork and cook until no longer pink, stirring to break up, about 4 minutes. Add green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil, and honey; stir to mix well. Cook until liquid evaporates, about 2 minutes, stirring.
– To serve, place a mound of cooked noodles in a bowl. Spoon pork mixture atop and sprinkle with peanuts.