– ½ pound egg noodles
– ¼ cup unsalted butter
– 1 onion, chopped
– 3 cups sliced mushrooms
– ¼ cup all-purpose flour
– 2 cups chicken broth
– 1 cup milk
– 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 (6-ounce) can tuna, drained
– 1 cup bread crumbs
– 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
– Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Drain, return to pot, and set aside.
– Melt butter in a medium pot over medium pot. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms and cook until liquid is released and evaporated, about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
– Add flour and cook until light golden, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes. Slowly add broth, stirring with a whisk to mix. Bring to a boil over high heat, whisking. Add milk, lemon juice, soy sauce, and salt; cook, whisking, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Add tuna and mix well. Add to pot of noodles and mix to fully incorporate.
– Transfer mixture into prepared dish. Top with bread crumbs and cheese. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, uncovered, until bubbly and golden. Cool 10 minutes and serve.